Tuesday, January 6, 2009

We're On Our Way...

Everything is packed. Clothes and tack all stuffed into plastic storage bins, neatly placed (okay, who am I kidding? They're "hastily strewn") by the front door. All that's left to do is load up and hit the road. Farrah is supposed to be here in a couple hours.

I'm left to sit here and contemplate my feelings, thoughts, etc, of the journey ahead of me. I'm so jumbled and mixed, it's driving me nuts. I'm thoroughly excited and enthralled, to begin with. I've lived for this day for 5 years, in a sense, dreaming of the time I could attend a course at the Parelli Center. I'm anxious, too. My horse and I have never traveled this far, this long, together. I've never driven across the country with anyone but my parents. The longest I've been away from home is two and a half weeks.

Then of course, there's the endless list of "Who? Where? What? How? Why? What if?" that keeps running through my head about the actual curriculum. Who'll be in class with me? What's the new format like? What will I learn? How will Prin benefit? How will Prin respond? All these QUESTIONS! All will be answered in due time, I'm sure.

Anyway, when the student is ready, the teacher will come. Opportunity has presented itself, now it's time to take the plunge. We'll be on the road for 3 days, arriving Thursday afternoon sometime. I'll blog again when I get there, and get things figured out. There will be massive amounts of pictures, too! I PROMISE :)

Savvy on, Savvy out. From now on, all blog entries will be on this blog. Talk to you soon, and for those of you with my cell phone number, call or text any time. Later!

6 comments:

  1. Have Fun!! Who am I kidding you guys are going to have a lot more than fun you'll have a Savvy Blast in the sun!! :)

    Enjoy that warm weather and soak up the Savvy!

    Looking forward to reading the blogs and seeing all the pics!!

    Savvy Out,
    Olivia, Cocoa, and Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there for one week in April, 2005. I really wanted to just stay forever. You will LOVE it! You will learn so much. Enjoy every minute, take great notes every night, and remind yourself once a day, "I'm really, really HERE!" If you see "My Horse Won't Go" George, give him a pat from me; he was my lease horse and he was a keeper. Safe travels!
    --Wyldehorse63

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun Fran! Post lots of updates and pics! You and Prin will have a blast! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fran! You don't know me, but I know Lori and Gretchen from Wisconsin (I think that you are going with them?). I will be eagerly following your blog, since I will be on my way to Ocala the last two weeks of February! I am also immensely excited!!!!! I have been waiting, planning, and saving money for a long time to be able to go! I hope that you have the time of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just thinking about you today, and how you're somewhere out on the great highway of life. I'm sooo happy for you, this is such a great way to start off the year. I'm sure you'll have a super time, and Prin will too.

    Also, I hope that Farrah is a disturbingly safe driver, you aren't lost, and you aren't running into any asshats on wheels. I'll be sure to send you a text or something, if I get too worried about you or whatever!

    Can't wait for your next blog update! I like the sounds of the massive amounts of pictures, too :D

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fran,
    I like the sounds of the massive amounts of pictures too!!!
    Have fun and learn as much as you can!!!
    Aleesha

    ReplyDelete