Friday, January 16, 2009

Course One Finale

Week one is OVER! How unbelievable is that?!

Today was a bit strange for me. I'm still REALLY struggling with direct-line thinking with my horse. It has really been emphasized in this course that it is NOT ABOUT ANYTHING BUT THE RELATIONSHIP. I get all motivated to NOT GET DIRECT LINE when I go play, but by the time I get out there, I get all excited about the fantastic access to all this wonderful play area, and I completely lose it. POOR PRIN!

So today, after "Graduation" (They're so cute here, they give us completion certificates and everything, I LOVE IT!) The faculty gave a fantastic demonstration, kind of a super savvy team, if you will, and then I headed out to play with Prin. I really wanted to play with some liberty and bridless, so I headed out to the honey-comb. There I go, direct-line thinking again. It's such a damn tough habit to break! Anyway, the session started out okay, Prin and I played with things I knew she could do already, and then because she was having trouble setting into a rhythm, I decided to sit on a barrel and play "Don't make me get off my barrel" for as long as it took for her to find her rhythm. As soon as she found it, she could come in and eat grass. Surprisingly enough, she found her rhythm within a lap going to what used to be her bad direction (The right)and had a HELL of a time to the left. In fact, going to the left, she went a bit RBI. It was SO FREAKING HARD (but I did it, yay me!) to just sit back and ALLOW her to come out of that. Learning SO MUCH. It's painful (ego is annoying when you're an LBE) but so fascinating.

Anyway, back out for round two. Laters!

Love,

F and P

PS, for all you wanting pictures, there'll be some this weekend. I haven't had time to bring my camera anywhere yet because I've been so busy. But we're playing and picturing this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of mental chow to digest.

    have fun this weekend

    and I cant wait to see pics!
    Karie

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will have to indulge me later on avoiding direct line thinking, like you I am really guilty of that.

    ReplyDelete