Thursday, February 5, 2009

All Good Things...

...must come to an end. It was the last full day of my course today, and I'm SO not ready for it all to end. I won't detail much about what happened, but let's just say it was way more emotional than I ever anticipated. I've made a ton of friends down here, and am really enjoying the Parelli bubble.

Tomorrow will be el-finale, we'll perform our savvy spotlights (yes, we're doing those) for Pat (EEK!) and then that'll be it for the course. I'll have lots of pictures when I get home, especially of that. I'm really really excited to do it, but also terrified, go figure. I honestly don't remember how I calmed myself down before savvy team, and this is a different scenario, because I'll be the only one in there--YIKES! Anyway, just trying to get my wits about me there. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!

In other news, I went to dance classes tonight for the first time. Pat's sister Joy teaches them every Thursday night here, and they're a total blast, I come to find out. I avoided them like the plague the first 3 weeks, and tonight I went into the lodge only to get a cup of tea, and got roped into dancing, and had a BLAST. We learned Cotton Eye Joe and the Cha-Cha, and I got to dance with some really phenomenal professional dancers (Dancin' Pete!) and we just had a great time. It was a big step out of my comfort zone, and I didn't feel awkward for the most part, so YAY me!

Anyway time to tuck in for the night. Gotta think about my spotlight, and try not to dwell on the fact that I'm leaving :(

Savvy on,
F and P

2 comments:

  1. I cant believe you've been there for 4 weeks already! I cant blame you for not wanting to leave. I went to a 2-day clinic in December and I did not want to leave, i cant imagine how bad the parelli sweetness (cause you know, barn or herd sweetness :p) is when you have to leave a place like the Parelli Centers lol
    I cant wait to hear about everything you learned and see pictures!
    Have fun tomorrow and have a safe journey back home.
    Karie

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww frannyboo, that's so cute!
    Have a safe trip home!!

    ReplyDelete